Flower gardening tricks for unrivaled flowering
Flower beds are the main pride and decoration of any garden. The selection of plants allows you to realize your wildest fantasies, create attractive compositions all year long, or flower beds and flowers that almost without care will please you with their flowering. But even the most unpretentious plants will need minimal care and mandatory nutrition. For flower beds, they obey simple rules, along with small secrets that allow you to admire the spectacular flowering for many years.
In order for the flower garden to truly become the most colorful decoration of the garden, top dressing should be based on smart planning, which takes into account:
- features of the selected plants and their need for nutrients at different stages of vegetation;
- initial and necessary soil characteristics of plants, including nutrition.
Top dressing must maintain balance - to restore or increase fertility, soil structure, microflora - and not upset, but to regulate plant growth and development. The golden rule of fertilizing for any flower beds is no frills. An excess of individual elements can harm plants much more than their lack, primarily manifested in meager flowering. And inattention to details - to root formation, growth, immunity, stress resistance - can negate any efforts. Fertilizers must be applied in exactly the amount in which they are needed, in a form that promotes their optimal absorption by plants, and only when they benefit them.
The timing and frequency of dressing on the flower garden is limited
Spring and summer are the only time for feeding on the flower garden. Despite the fact that the flowering of certain species can continue until the advent of winter, all plants must have time to prepare for it. Fertilizers can be applied only in the first half of the garden season - until July, and for spring flower gardens - until June, for autumn - until mid-August.
How often top dressing is carried out on flower beds determines the stages of plant development:
- The main and obligatory dressing for all plants on flower beds is carried out in early spring, after the snow has melted and harvesting is completed (or approximately 2 weeks after planting new plants), together with mulching and loosening.
- Additional top dressing according to the recommendations for individual species is made depending on the timing of their flowering:
- during budding;
- at the peak of flowering;
- after flowering is complete.
For most unpretentious perennials and summers, 1-2 top dressings are enough - the main and before flowering. For flowering, not enough winter-hardy and demanding species, sometimes all 4 of these procedures are performed.
Permissible fertilizer application for flower beds
In carrying out fertilizing, it is worth following the recommendations for a specific type of fertilizer and plants. Liquid top dressing with dissolution in water for irrigation remains the most popular and easiest option. And the matter is not only in the uniform distribution and ease of use in tight landings. Liquid top dressing is preferred on poor and depleted soils, because they are absorbed by plants faster. It is not by chance that modern biological products with their comprehensive action are always introduced in the form of an effective working solution, which can be used for soil cultivation, for spraying seedlings, and for root and foliar top dressing.
Fertilizers for flower beds can also be:
- apply as mulch;
- close up in the soil.
Regardless of the method of fertilizing, one rule remains unchanged - top dressing for flower beds is carried out only in conjunction with watering.
Fertilizers for flower beds are different
Today fertilizers can be purchased in the form of concentrates, solutions, granular mixtures, powder and even capsules. The choice should be determined by the convenience and condition of the soil.
But the type of fertilizer is determined by the task and preferences of selected plant species. For flower beds use 4 types of fertilizer:
- Mineral fertilizers. Nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus determine the development of ornamental plants, but the flower garden needs not only them. Calcium, sulfur, magnesium, iron, boron, copper, and dozens of trace elements determine drought resistance, photosynthesis, leaf beauty, and bud budding. At the beginning of the growing season, all plants on the flower garden experience an increased need for nitrogen, during budding and flowering - in potassium, and after flowering - in phosphorus. For a flower garden, it is always better to choose special complex fertilizers with macro or microelements (for budding, long flowering, autumn), which are aimed at a certain stage of development of fertilizers. In general, for the season, for full development, you will need 40-60 g of complex fertilizers for each square meter of flower garden area, but the manufacturer's instructions should always be strictly observed. During early spring feeding, half or a little more than all mineral fertilizers or only nitrogen are applied. The remaining fertilizers are applied in stages in accordance with the stage of development.
- Organic fertilizer. For any flower garden, you can use only mature, well-rotted, high-quality fertilizers. Compost, bird droppings, manure (horse, cow, sheep, etc.), peat should be used, taking into account the preferences of certain types of plants. Safe options for organics for flower beds are horn shavings and wood ash. On average, flower beds need 10 to 15 kg of organic fertilizer per square meter per season. And they are introduced once during the main spring feeding.
- Green fertilizer. Infusions and enhancing plant immunity infusions of green mass of plants contribute in the summer. Both perennials and pilots respond well to them.
- Modern biological products, biofertilizers, activators of microflora and microbiological preparations. These are the most effective means not only for restoring and maintaining soil fertility and structure, but also for protecting plants, activating growth and flowering, and increasing resistance to stress factors. Compatible with other fertilizers, they increase the effectiveness of any care and provide not only an instant effect, but also luxurious flowering of healthy plants for many years.
One of the advanced systemic biological products with a wide spectrum of action. - "Biospectrum." High nutritional value for ornamental plants is just one of its characteristics. Combining the properties of an inducer of resistance to adverse factors, a growth activator, a flowering stimulator, an anti-stress agent, a root-forming agent, a bioregulator and a fungicide, Biospectrum allows you to radically change your approach to flower garden care and expand the limited possibilities of conventional top dressing. Absolutely safe, effective for all types of plants, the Biospectrum biological product contains a whole range of biologically active natural organic compounds and favorably affects all aspects of the growth and development of ornamental plants in the flower garden.
Caring not only for spectacular flowering, but also for the health of the flower garden, the timely implementation of all procedures from top dressing and pruning to loosening the soil and removing wilted inflorescences is a guarantee that the flower garden will delight for many years. A competent planning and selection of modern "smart" drugs with a wide range of actions will allow you to not miss the important nuances. And leave time to enjoy the spectacular flowering result.
We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the video which describes how, where and when you can use the biological product "Biospectrum".